We are always interested in hearing from talented people who share our passion for Slate and higher education. If you would like to be considered for any future positions, send your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to our Talent Pool.
What happens when you fuse best-in-class tech and first-class support? You get Underscore, a Carnegie company. As the country’s largest dedicated Slate development and optimization team, Underscore is transforming the higher ed landscape by leveraging the power of Slate — one project at a time.
From skilled Slate strategists to award-winning creatives to account-based project managers, you’ll find a team laser-focused on helping meet your institution’s unique goals. Our services include implementation, student search, enrollment campaigns and strategy, dynamic portals, personalized training, reporting, systems integrations, creative work and more.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization.
The ideal candidate is a Slate-experienced higher education professional ready to assist partnering institutions through consultation on and technical implementation of Slate modules. Candidates should have at least one year of experience working within Slate in an enrollment, retention, advising or advancement setting.
Candidates should be comfortable with the technical aspects of the position including implementing the Slate CRM utilizing Technolutions’ best practices, as well as providing hands-on support and training for partner schools. They should also be comfortable with discussing a partner schools’ business practices and recommending improvements based on industry best practices.
Strong communication, organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills are key to this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customize and build Slate features, including, but not limited to:
- Understand Slate functionality to complete day-to-day tasks on a project-by-project basis
- Serve as project team support on client Slate Implementations
- Lead Consultations of low-to-medium complexity on an individual basis
- Provide continued implementation, consultation, and training services to clients through check-in calls
- Offer strategic recommendations regarding Slate, data management and enrollment strategies
- Document recommendations and findings in call summary reports
- Collaborate with division members to co-facilitate on-campus and/or virtual trainings and create related documentation
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities, including but not limited to, Learning Lab, Slate Summit, and other conferences as required
Hours: Full time, salary commensurate with experience
Job Location: Charlotte, NC (preferred)
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Here are some of our favorite parts about working at Underscore:
Underscore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Underscore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.