We are always interested in hearing from talented people who share our passion for Slate and higher education. If you would like to be considered for any future positions, send your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com and we’ll add you to our Talent Pool.
Who we are
What happens when you fuse best-in-class tech and first-class support? You get Underscore, a Carnegie company. As the country’s largest dedicated Slate development and optimization team, Underscore is transforming the higher ed landscape by leveraging the power of Slate — one project at a time.
From skilled Slate strategists to award-winning creatives to account-based project managers, you’ll find a team laser-focused on helping meet your institution’s unique goals. Our services include implementation, student search, enrollment campaigns and strategy, dynamic portals, personalized training, reporting, systems integrations, creative work and more.
Who we're hiring
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization.
The ideal candidate will possess moderate to significant experience working in teams and show a strong affinity toward organization of project information, documentation, maintaining and monitoring project plans, management of team schedules, taking meeting minutes, and other administrative tasks. Candidates should be comfortable with the technical aspects of the position and interested in learning more about the CRM Technolutions Slate, as well as the higher education space.
Strong communication, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills are key to this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists account managers and division team members with tasks including scheduling meetings, prioritizing client needs, recording meeting minutes, and other general administrative needs.
- Develop and maintain timelines for project deliverables in collaboration with division members.
- Provide clients with call agendas and recaps to ensure that the project progresses in a timeline manner.
- Develop and maintain a healthy working relationship with all divisions within Underscore to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Work with the members of the division to develop check-in call agendas.
- Quality control of communication flows, design files, and client satisfaction.
- Track working hours for the division members to assess ROI.
- Share weekly check-in call agendas with client and/or Underscore team members via Asana.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes from weekly client calls in collaboration with the division members via Asana.
- Collaboration with division members to enhance client experience and project success.
- Exceptional decision-making and organizational skills
- An eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Responsive and clear communications style
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to expand technical skills
- Experience as a Project Manager or similar position responsible for defining and managing project scope, timelines, and effectively delivering solutions.
- Ability to function as an equal partner in a small autonomous team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understanding of project management theories and how to put them into motion.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills to positively collaborate with team members and represent the company to clients
- Friendly and easy-going, comfortable in a casual office environment
- Responsive and clear communications style
- Must be able to handle a variety of clients/projects simultaneously
- One year of experience in Higher Education
Hours: Full time, salary commensurate with experience
Job Location: Charlotte, NC (preferred)
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- 18 paid sick/vacation days per calendar year
- Private health/dental/vision
- 401(k) with company match
Here are some of our favorite parts about working at Underscore:
- Growing company with a family feel
- Flexible work environment
- Fun office events and laid-back culture
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Industry exposure
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open workspace promoting collaboration and team learning
Underscore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Underscore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.